Internships at IU Auditorium include educational outreach, event planning, marketing, and more.
Students have assisted in many aspects of the Auditorium, such as coordinating weddings, brainstorming and implementing promotional activities for the season shows, as well as organizing educational opportunities between students and cast members. IU Auditorium interns are involved in many facets of the day-to-day operations and gain hands-on experience in the world of event management and the performing arts.
If interested, please send a resume and a cover letter via email to the contact specified under each internship area, and be sure to include a brief statement regarding what you are seeking to learn, and when you wish to intern.
- Student Internship
- Hours per week: 5-15
- Starting hourly wage: unpaid to $10.15 an hour
- Duties are tailored to the needs of the department, and may include (but are not limited to) designing and implementing promotional activities as related to season shows, writing of copy for electronic and print materials, maintaining Auditorium social media, acting as liaison between the media and Auditorium events, coordinating educational outreach opportunities, and assisting with night-of-show and related event duties.
- Requirements: Computer literacy (specifically Microsoft Word and Excel), basic knowledge of the Auditorium, strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills. Student should have access to a vehicle
- Student Internship
- Hours per week: 20
- Starting hourly wage: unpaid
- Basic duties: Attend event planning meetings, create and update event planning documents, attend events, and assist as needed. Assist with marketing rentals for the Auditorium, assist with prospective client meetings and tours, assist with special projects as needed.
- Requirements: Computer literacy, basic knowledge of the Auditorium and the arts, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Students will gain experience in the following: event management, sales, and marketing
IU Auditorium provided me with what I feel is a healthy work environment. The drive to evolve and improve as a company involves a lot of creative thinking, sharing of ideas and focus on goals, and these are all things that I experienced on a weekly basis at the Auditorium.