2019 The Cleveland Orchestra Residency Schedule
All residency activities are by invitation only, unless otherwise noted. The schedule below is subject to change and will be updated as details are solidified.
Monday, January 21
8: 30 p.m.
- Recital Hall - Chamber recital featuring second horn, trumpet, and trombone players
Tuesday, January 22
1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Auer Hall - Violin Orchestral masterclass with Peter Otto
- Ford Hall - Flute Orchestral masterclass with Joshua Smith
- Recital Hall - Cello Orchestral masterclass with Mark Kosower
- MAC Stage - Timpani and percussion masterclass with Mark Damoulakis, Tom Freer
- MAC 040 - Horn masterclass with Michael Mayhew
- MA 452 - Trumpet masterclass with Michael Sachs
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Merrill Hall 205 - Musician panel discussion with members of the orchestra (Vinay Parameswaran, Stephen Tavani, Martha Baldwin, Ralph Curry)
2:30 - 3:50 p.m.
- MAC 036 - Chorus/piano rehearsal for Mahler #2, Franz Welser-Most conducting
4:05 - 6:05 p.m.
- MAC Stage - IU Philharmonic with Franz Welser-Most conducting
4:05 - 6:35 p.m.
- IU Auditorium - Concert Orchestra side-by-side with members of The Cleveland Orchestra (Vinay Parameswaran conducting)
7 - 9:30 p.m.
- IU Auditorium - Symphony Orchestra side-by-side with members of The Cleveland Orchestra (Vinay Parameswaran conducting)
Wednesday, January 23
10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- IU Auditorium - Open dress rehearsal of The Cleveland Orchestra for Mahler No. 2 (FREE, OPEN TO TICKETHOLDERS FOR EVENING PERFORMANCE)
12:45 - 2:15 p.m.
- Hutton Honors College Luncheon with 12 members of the orchestra
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Fairview Elementary School visit - Isabel Trautwein from the orchestra is participating
1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Auer Hall - Clarinet masterclass with Afendi Yusuf
- Ford Hall - Trombone masterclass with Shachar Israel
- Recital Hall - Tuba masterclass with Yasuhito Sugiyama
4 - 6 p.m.
- Auer Hall - Viola masterclass with Wesley Collins
- Ford Hall - Bassoon masterclass with John Clouser
- Recital Hall - Oboe masterclass with Frank Rosenwein
- IU Auditorium - Double Bass masterclass with Max Dimoff
6:45 - 7:45 p.m.
- Pre-Show Talk on Mahler Symphony No. 2 with Danko Drusko, Woodburn Hall 120 (FREE, OPEN TO PUBLIC)
- IU Auditorium - Cleveland Orchestra Performance (TICKETED, OPEN TO PUBLIC)
Thursday, January 24
9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Ford Hall - Harp masterclass with Trina Struble
11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- East Studio Building - Conducting masterclass with Vinay Parameswaran