Listed below are the general specifications for IU Auditorium. For more detailed information, please reference our Facilities Guide or contact the IU Auditorium Stage Manager, John DeLong.
(Calculated from centerline of the stage and/or the upstage edge of the smoke pocket – 0', 0".)
- Height of proscenium opening to fixed valance 24'-9"
- Width of proscenium opening to edge of plaster 54'-8"
- Deck to the walking surface of the grid 70'-0"
- Upstage edge smoke pocket to back wall 37'-2"
- Upstage edge smoke pocket to front of apron at center 4'-9"
- Upstage edge smoke pocket to front of apron at proscenium 4'-9"
- Upstage edge smoke pocket to house curtain pipe 1'-4"
- Upstage edge smoke pocket to 1st avail working set of lines 2'-0"
- Upstage edge smoke pocket to last avail working set of lines 36'-0"
- Center line to stage left wall, unobstructed 47'-4"
- Center line to stage right fly rail 52'-5"
- Stage right fly rail vertical clearance +32'-9" **
**Mid-level Loading Gallery & Pinrail platform edge at +32'-9" starting at 42'-0" SR of centerline.
- Road Mix position 10' x 22'-6"
- Located 15'-3" to 37'-9" house-right of the house centerline.
- 117' from fire curtain line to the near edge of the mix position.
- Lighting Control Booth windows to fire curtain line 149'
- Spot Booth Window to fire curtain line 175'
- C-Vom Projector position to fire curtain line 93'
- Balcony Edge Projector Position to Fire Curtain line 118'
- Counterweight system/single purchase
- 11,000 lbs. counter weight
- 48 available sets
- 5 lines per set/70' house pipes
- High Trim of house pipes +62' from deck
- 104 Upright loft blocks provided for 52 spot lines. 5/8" UltraStrong ®, 3 strand twisted lay rope.
- 1 block & falls
- Pin rail located stage right Mid-Level Gallery at + 32'-9"
- Guillotine and Traveler
- Operated stage right deck
- Front of orchestra pit to apron at centerline13'-0"
- Front of orchestra pit to apron at off-stage edge6'-6"
- Orchestra pit extension under apron at center0'-0"
- Orchestra pit side to side at apron50'-4"
- Adjustable hydraulic pit
- Curved railing
- South Dock / USL
- One (1) truck loading dock. (Push distance between stage and dock is approximately 16'.)
- Door is 6’-8” W x 9’-5” H
- Forklift not possible on the south dock or stage. Forklift in street possible, but not available unless ordered in advance.
- North Dock / USC
- Two (2) truck loading dock (Push distance between stage and dock is approximately 100'.)
- Doors are 8’-7” W x 13’-4” H
- Small forklift available in-house for stacking/un-stacking. North loading dock area only.
To download our complete Facilities Guide, please access the link below.